- Social Security -- Disability
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits
- Social Security -- Disability Insurance
Jeff is admitted to practice and sees clients in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His practice is limited to representing claimants for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits at all levels of administrative decision making. He also represents persons living in Delaware at the administrative levels, but not in federal court. Jeff is a frequent lecturer on Social Security Disability Insurance and SSI issues at seminars for various organizations.
Jeffrey S. Lichtman has more than three decades of experience representing claimants for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits throughout the Delaware Valley, including Philadelphia, Central and Southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Berks County and Southwest Florida. He devotes his entire practice to Social Security Disability (SSI) law.
Learn more about factors important to disability.
Jeff is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association and was appointed co-chair of the Legal Rights of Persons with Disabilities Committee in 2020. Jeff was appointed Co-chair of the SSD committiee from 2004 through 2013. Jeff served as co-chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Lawyer Referral & Information Service Oversight Committee in 2007 and remained a member of that committee unitl 2016. He is a substaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives. Jeff served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Legal Clinic for the Disabled, Inc., for many years and was presented with two White Hat Award for his work on behalf of disabled persons. Jeff graduated from Temple University School of Law in 1989, where he received honors for his performance in torts, legal process, civil procedure, labor law, claims litigation and bankruptcy. He obtained his undergraduate degree at Temple University where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and graduated magna cum laude.
The firm's experience and thorough knowledge of the disability, physical and mental illness, injury, and medicine work to benefit the firm's disabled clients who are out of work or expect to remain out of work for at least one year. Unlike with many law firms, Attorney Lichtman goes to the majority of hearings with the clients of The Disability Law Office of Jeffrey S. Lichtman, LLC. Jeffrey S. Lichtman, Attorney at Law, handles all aspects of SSDI and SSI claims and appeals. Contact Jeffrey S. Lichtman today for a free consultation.
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Honors: Outstanding class room performance
- Honors: Dean's List
- Temple University: College of Liberal Arts
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Election to Phi Beta Kappa and Pi Sigma Alpha
- Honors: Dean's List
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- New Jersey, 1989
- Two Time Recipient White Hat Award, Work on Behalf of Disabled Persons
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Lecturer on Social Security Disability Issues
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Alpha Chi Rho
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives, sustaining member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Co-Chair, Social Security Disability Committee, 2004 to 2013
- Philadelphia Bar Association Lawyer Referral & Information Service, Co-Chair, 2007 to 2007