Was A Relative Abused Or Neglected In A Nursing Home?
You put your elderly loved one’s care in the hands of a nursing home that you believed was safe. But you have discovered that your relative experienced abuse or neglect while in the nursing home. Now, you feel shocked, devastated and furious.
You do not have to face this painful experience alone. At The Disability Law Office of Jeffrey S. Lichtman, LLC, our elder abuse referral attorneys can stand up for your rights and fight to hold the culprit accountable. We have assisted clients in a variety of nursing home abuse cases by referring them to attorneys who focus on these cases and provide the strong legal representation, devotion and compassion these cases require and deserve.
What Are The Signs Of Elder Abuse?
Senior citizens and disabled persons cannot always defend themselves against abuse or speak up on their own behalf. Their relatives should know the symptoms of elder abuse, which include:
- Bedsores: Bedsores indicate that the staff is not turning a resident frequently enough.
- Bruises and/or lacerations: Bruises, cuts, scrapes and burns may indicate physical abuse.
- Weight loss: If a senior or a disabled person loses significant weight, it could indicate the restriction of food.
- Emotional distress: Abuse is not always physical. Verbal abuse can cause emotional distress for victims.
- Suspicious financial transactions: Someone could financially abuse an elderly or disabled person by forging their signature on checks, stealing cash or stealing their identity.
Any of these symptoms could indicate medical negligence or abuse at the hands of nursing home staff. If you suspect that your loved one is the victim of abuse, but are not yet sure, contact The Disability Law Office of Jeffrey S. Lichtman, LLC, and we can help you determine whether abuse is present and get you to the proper nursing home abuse attorney.
Free Consultations About Nursing Home Abuse
You are not alone. The attorney and staff at The Disability Law Office of Jeffrey S. Lichtman, LLC, are here to help you through your case. We provide free initial consultations, and refer clients to the finest attorneys for nursing home abuse cases who work on contingency. You will not owe any fees unless compensation is recovered for you. For your free consultation, call 215-268-7274, call toll-free at 1-800-346-7600 or send the firm an email.